Bluefin Tuna Tartare with Fingerling Potato Chips
- 2 lbs Bluefin tuna, small dice
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 bunch fresh Italian parsley, washed and chopped
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 lime zest and juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp capers (well drained)
- Salt, to taste
- Group pepper, to taste
- 10-12 Fingerling potatoes
- 2 L Canola oil (for deep frying)
- Edible flowers for garnish (optional)
- Heat oil to 350 degrees either in a large pot on the stove top or use a deep fryer (fill to manufactures specifications).
- Slice fingerling potatoes lengthwise on a mandolin about the thickness of a dime.
- Fry a few at a time until golden brown. Remove from oil with a large slotted spoon and place on paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- Season chips with salt and pepper.
- In a chilled stainless steel bowl combine the tuna, mustard, red onion, parsley, lemon, lime, salt and pepper.
- Using a large spoon, mix all ingredients in the bowl while adding olive oil slowly. Serve tartare on chilled plates with potato chips to garnish.