Caesar Style Steamed Mussels and Soft Shell Clams
- 2 lbs Mussels, live
- 2 lbs Soft shell clams, live
- ½ cup Celery, chopped
- 1 cup Clamato (flavour of choice)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- Celery salt, to taste
- Lime wedges, to garnish
- Rinse mussels and soft-shells clams under cold running water; allow water to drain off.
- Place mussels, clams, and celery into a large pot. Season with celery salt.
- Cover with a lid and cook over high heat for 7-8 minutes. As the mussels and clams cook, they will release their juices and the shells will open.
- Remove pot from the heat and strain offmost of the mussel and clam broth; set aside for another use or discard juices.
- Place pot back on the heat; add clamato, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce and cook for 2 minutes or until juice has come to a boil.
- Remove from heat, portion mussels and clams into bowls. Discard any mussels or clams that have not opened. PourCaesar-style sauce over top of each bowl.
- Garnish with additional celery salt and lime wedges. Serve hot.