Cheesy Baked Oysters
- 12 large Oysters
- ¼ cup Butter, divided
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 cup Whole milk
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup White Cheddar, shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan, shredded, divided
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a medium saucepan over medium low heat, melt butter. When melted, remove half of the butter and set aside. Whisk in flour and cook for about 2 minutes or until blonde in colour.
- Slowly pour in milk, whisking constantly. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne. Bring to a low boil and when the sauce coats the back of a spoon, stir in cheddar and 2 tbsp parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Make breadcrumb topping by adding 2 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp parmesan cheese and panko breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Shuck oysters, discarding excess liquid. Rest oysters in a muffin tin (or oven-safe oyster dish). Add cheese sauce and top with breadcrumb mixture.
- Broil until cheese is bubbling and breadcrumb topping is golden. Serve immediately.