Garlic Butter Grilled PEI Lobster with White Cheddar & Scallion
- 4 PEI Market Lobsters
- 1/2 cup Salted Butter melted
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 2 each Scallions chopped
- Black Pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of cold salted water to a boil.
- Place lobster into the water and boil for 2 minutes; remove from pot and place into an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Once cooled, remove tails and claws from bodies; discard bodies.
- Cut the lobster tails in half lengthwise. Crack claws and knuckles and remove meat from shells; set aside.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine melted butter and garlic; brush onto lobster tails.
- Place lobster tails onto the grill (shell side down) and grill for 3-4 minutes; brushing with garlic butter occasionally.
- Sprinkle the lobster tails with cheese and scallions and cook for an additional minute or until cheese is melted.
- Gently sauté lobster claws and knuckles in remaining garlic butter for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Place lobster tails onto plates and season with black pepper. Divide lobster claws and knuckles amongst plates. Serve hot.
- Chef’s Tip: Lobster can be finished on the BBQ or under the broiler if desired.