Grilled Lemon and Prosecco Mussels
- 2 Lemons, sliced
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups Prosecco or sparkling wine
- 5 lbs Mussels, cleaned
- 3 sprigs Fresh thyme
- Brush lemon slices with 1 tbsp oil and grill on both sides over high heat. Set aside.
- In a large stockpot, sauté shallot and garlic in remaining oil until translucent. Deglaze with prosecco and add grilled lemons, reserving 4-6 slices for garnish. Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat or until wine is slightly reduced.
- Add mussels and cover. Steam mussels over medium heat until they are all opened (about 10 more minutes).
- Garnish with fresh thyme and grilled lemon slices. Best served with toasted artisan bread for dipping.