Grilled Lobsters with Butter & Chives
- 4 each (1 1¼ pounds) Lobsters, live
- ½ cup Salted butter, melted
- 2 bunches Chives, tied into a bundle with a chive or an elastic band
- 1 each Lemon, cut into wedges
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Remove elastic bands from the lobster claws and put lobsters, headfirst into the pot. Cook lobsters for 8 minutes. If using larger lobsters, cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully remove lobsters from the pot and place into an ice bath to cool. Discard lobster cooking water.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Gather chives into a bunch and tie with a chive or secure with an elastic creating a ‘chive brush’. Trim the ends of the brush slightly to impart more flavour.
- Once lobsters have cooled enough to handle, remove from the ice bath. With the tail facing you, start cutting through the shell from mid-way down the back through to the tail. Rotate lobster with the head facing you and cut from mid-way down the back through the head.
- Place lobster halves onto the grill, shell side down. Using the chive brush like a paint brush, spread the melted butter over the exposed lobster tail meat.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or until lobster is heated through. Once again, if using larger lobsters increase cooking time by 1-2 minutes if necessary.
- Remove lobsters from the grill and place onto a serving platter. Serve hot with a side of lemon wedges.