Grilled Quahaugs with Sauce
- 12 each Quahaugs
- 1 cup Tartar sauce (see recipe below)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Relish
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tbsp Lemon zest
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Prepared mustard
- ½ tsp Dried dill
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Rinse quahogs under cold running water; allow to drain off.
- Place quahogs onto grill and cook for 4-5 minutes. As the quahogs cook, they will slowly open, near the end of the cooking process, the shells will pop open further.
- Using tongs, remove the quahogs from grill and place onto a serving platter. Discard any unopened shells.
- Serve with tartar sauce or your favourite shellfish condiments.
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredientsand mix thoroughly. Refrigerate until ready to use.