Island Steamers with Fennel, Tomato and Lime
- 4 lbs Fresh steamer clams (washed free of any sand)
- 1 cup Small diced fennel
- 1 cup Small diced tomato (skin removed)
- 1 tbsp Yellow curry paste
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- ½ cup Coconut milk
- ½ cup Whipping cream
- ¼ cup Lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Saute the fresh clams, fennel tomato and curry in the butter for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, cream and lime juice and bring to a boil.
- Cover then let simmer for about 8 minutes over medium heat or until the clams are opened and the meat can be easily pulled away from the shell.
- Taste the broth and adjust the seasoning with salt if necessary.
- Transfer the clams to a large bowl or casserole dish.
- Pour the remaining broth over the clams and sprinkle with cracked pepper.
- Serve with crusty bread and lime wedges.
Photo: James Ingram4