Lobster Roll with Lemon Aioli and Dill
- 1 large Egg, room temperature
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest, divided
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Canola oil
- 1 tbsp Butter, room temperature
- 4 lbs Lobster, shelled, chopped (claws intact)
- 1 Celery stalk, small dice
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 Split-top hot dog buns
- 2 tbsp Fresh dill, chopped
- In a food processor, add egg and mix for 30 seconds. Add mustard, lemon juice, 2 tsp lemon zest and salt. Pulse until smooth. With the food processor turned on, slowly stream in the oil, scraping down the bowl at the end. The mixture should be thick like mayonnaise. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt and lemon if needed.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter and remaining lemon zest. Spread evenly on the sides of each bun. Toast on a grill or frying pan on each side until toasted.
- In a large bowl, add celery and ¼ cup lemon aioli to chopped lobster and toss to combine, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each bun evenly with lobster mixture, topping with a claw and garnish with dill.
Chef’s tip: Store remaining aioli in a mason jar in your fridge for up to a week.