Lobster with Thai Red Curry and Tropical Fruit
- ¼ cup Each of diced pineapple, papaya, banana and mango
- ¼ cup Red pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp Toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 3 tbsp Lime juice
- 2 Whole cooked lobster, thawed
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 Medium onions, large diced
- 2 tsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger, chopped
- 2 tsp Red curry paste
- 1 can 398ml can coconut milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Honey
- Combine the tropical fruit, red pepper, cilantro, sesame seeds, sesame oil and lime juice in a bowl and mix ingredients. Set aside.
- Remove the claws and crack open to remove the meat.
- Chop the lobster meat, then cover and refrigerate.
- Remove the stomach parts of the lobster body and rinse the body shell under cold water to clean.
- Refrigerate the body shells and discard the claw shells.
Thai Curry Sauce
- Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently until well browned and tender about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger; continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the curry paste, coconut milk, salt and honey. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped lobster meat, bring to a boil and then remove from the heat.
To Serve: Spoon the lobster mixture into each of the four half-body shells and spoon the fruit mixture to the side of the lobster. Photo: tastelobster.ca