Mediterranean Fish Soup
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Onions medium diced
- 1 Fennel bulb medium diced
- 1 Carrot medium diced
- 3 Large garlic cloves chopped
- 3 Tomatoes medium diced
- 1 Leek dark green end removed, medium diced
- 1 tsp Saffron strands
- 1 cup White wine
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1 tsp Salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 Bay leaf
- 5 cups Water
- 1 lb Blue mussels
- 12 Raw scallops
- 12 Raw shrimps shells removed
- 1 cup Cooked lobster meat chopped
- In a medium-sized stockpot, heat olive oil, then add onion, fennel, celery and carrot.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add tomato, leek, saffron, white wine, thyme, salt, pepper, bay leaf and water.
- Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, add seafood, cover and cook for approximately 5 minutes until mussel shells have opened and scallops and shrimp are cooked.
- To serve, ladle soup into wide soup plates and garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.