- 5 lbs Fresh blue cultured mussels
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ cup Chicken or vegetable broth, or water
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh, flat-leafed parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Rinse fresh blue mussels in tap water and set aside. Discard any mussel that does not close after being rinsed.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add stock, salt and pepper. Tip mussels into pan and cover. Leave to steam for 5-7 minutes, until mussels are open. Discard any mussels that are not open. Toss with chopped parsley.
- Transfer mussels to a large bowl.
Photo: PEI Mussel Industry Council