Mussel Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- 1 lb fresh cultured blue mussels, cooked and shucked
- 12 large mushroom caps
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp bacon bits or crushed bacon
- Rinse fresh blue mussels in tap water.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 C).
- Dip mussels in mixture of melted butter, lemon juice and salt.
- Place one mussel in each mushroom cap. Place in a lightly greased baking pan; pour remaining butter and lemon juice mixture over the mussels and mushroom caps.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Serve hot.