Mussel Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- 1 lb Fresh cultured blue mussels, cooked and shucked
- 12 large Mushroom caps
- 1 tbsp Butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Bacon bits or crushed bacon
- Rinse fresh blue mussels in tap water.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 C).
- Dip mussels in mixture of melted butter, lemon juice and salt.
- Place one mussel in each mushroom cap. Place in a lightly greased baking pan; pour remaining butter and lemon juice mixture over the mussels and mushroom caps.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Serve hot.