Mussels on the Half Shell
- ¼ cup White wine or water
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ cup Parsley, dill and coriander, mixed
- 2 cups Medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 36 Fresh blue cultured mussels
- Rinse the fresh blue cultured mussels in tap water.
- In a saucepan, bring water or wine to boil.
- Add fresh blue mussels, cover and steam over high heat until open (5-8 minutes). Remove from heat, reserving 2 tbsp of cooking liquid. Remove mussel meat from shells, reserving half-shells.
- In a bowl, combine reserved liquid, oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley mixture and tomatoes; add fresh blue mussels and stir gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- To serve, place a mussel in each half shell and cover with tomato mixture. Arrange on a platter.