Mussels with Cider Butter
- 1 cup Butter, divided
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 Shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cups Hard cider, divided
- 4 lbs Mussels, cleaned
- 1 tbsp Fresh tarrargon
- In a large stockpot, add 1 tbsp butter and sauté shallots over medium heat. Deglaze with 2 cups of cider.
- Add mussels, cover and let steam for 10 minutes or until all mussels have opened. Add tarragon.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, add remaining cider and let come to a boil until it reduces by ¾, or until it is a syrup consistency. Add remaining 1 cup butter and let melt completely, whisking to combine.
- Garnish mussels with tarragon and serve with cider butter.