Oyster Chorizo Queso Fundido
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 24 Oysters, shucked
- 1 fresh Chorizo sausage, removed from casing
- 1 tbsp All-purpose flour
- ½ cup Whole milk
- 1 250g Package cream cheese
- 2 cups Grated Monterey Jack
- 2 Green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Jalapeno, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 Lime, sliced into wedges for serving
- Tortilla chips or fresh tortillas for serving
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Heat a medium sized cast iron pan over medium high heat, crumble in chorizo and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until the meat is cooked through. Stir in flour, cook for 30 seconds. Then add milk, cream cheese, Monterey jack, half the green onions, stir until mixture forms into a sauce and cheese is melted. Stir in oysters.
- Transfer the pan to the oven. Broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is bubbling and golden. Remove from oven, top with cilantro, jalapenos and remaining green onions. Serve with tortilla chips or warmed fresh tortillas for dipping and lime wedges if desired.