Yield: 6-8 servings.
- 24 Oysters, shucked
- 4 cups Coarse or rock salt
- ½ cup Unsalted butter
- 1 Shallot, finely diced
- ½ cup Finely diced fennel
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely minced
- ¼ cup Finely chopped tarragon
- 1 cup Finely chopped parsley
- 2 cups Finely chopped spinach
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Pernod
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium high heat, add shallot, fennel and garlic, cook for 2 minutes, until they start to soften and are fragrant. Add spinach and herbs, cook until it reduces by half. Stir in breadcrumbs and cook for 2 minutes longer, add Pernod, season with a pinch salt and black pepper. Remove pan from heat.
- Prepare a large baking sheet covered with coarse salt to keep oysters from tipping over (or use a scrunched up piece of tin foil). Place a heaping spoonful of the herbed breadcrumb mixture into each oyster.
- Bake oysters for 6-8 minutes until mixture is bubbling and the oysters have started to curl up at the edges. Serve hot.