Steak with Lobster Dill Cream Sauce
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 Leek, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced (white and pale green parts only)
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Dry white wine
- 1 ½ cups Homemade or store bought chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Capers, drained, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 cup 35% cream
- ¼ cup Dill, roughly chopped
- 2 Cooked PEI lobsters
- 2 - ½ lb Tenderloin steaks
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Carefully remove lobster meat from shells. Chop the meat from the body into ½-inch pieces and keep the claws intact. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium-high heat, add leeks, season with salt, cook until softened 4-5 minutes, stirring often. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Deglaze pan with white wine, cook until reduced by half. Then add chicken stock and bring to a boil, once boiling lower heat to a simmer, cook 6-8 minutes until reduced by half. Stir in chopped lobster and claws, cream, dill and capers, let cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper.
- While lobster sauce is cooking, heat olive oil in medium sized cast iron pan over medium high heat. Pat steaks dry with paper towel and season both sides generously with salt and pepper. Once oil is hot, add steaks to the pan cooking until medium rare, about 6-8 minutes, flipping every minute to ensure even cooking on both sides. Remove steak from pan and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Plate steak on large plates and pour over lobster cream sauce.